Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Primitive Pottery...Faked!

I have a real weakness for Primitive Country.  I don't know what it is about those simple images on pottery or fabric that really draws me in, but when I see it I MUST HAVE IT!  Well, these days, I just make a mental note (or quickly jot it down in my idea book) and say instead "I MUST MAKE IT!"

While perusing images for my Pinterest Board the other day, I came across this great pottery:

Credit

So simple and pretty.

Credit
Then I remembered that I had purchased these "seen better days" Earthenware Bowls at a yard sale for $2 each.



Told ya they'd seen better days!  As such, I didn't feel too guilty about giving them a bit of a makeover  with a touch of dingy tan paint and some black star & zig-zag accents.  I finished them off with some Modge Podge.


What do you think?


I put them with my other, Antique Earthenware Bowls that I've picked up from family and yard sales through the years. (Oh, and that baker's rack they're sitting on is going to get a re-do real soon!)



Fake-It Yourself Breakdown:

Faked Primitive Earthenware Bowls ($2.00 each)

Total Fake-It Cost:  $4.00

Compare to the Star Bowl from KP Home Collection ($6.99 each)

Total Fake-It Yourself Savings:  $9.98


Linking Up at Tip JunkieToday's Creative Blog and these other Great Parties!

9 comments:

  1. Wow - you did a great job on those! Love how they turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are lovely! Looks good and you did it yourself; great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your fabulous project and blog through the linky party at Somewhat Simple!
    I'd like to invite you to my weekly T.G.I.F. Linky party to share your projects -- I'm looking to grow my party with good quality projects just like this one….here is the direct link if you'd like to join us sometime - the linky is up Thursday evening - Tuesday….:)
    T.G.I.F. Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! Love your inspiration! Thanks for linking up to my party!
    Kaitlin-The Not So Simple Housewife
    http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the pottery came out great! Love it! Thanks you for joining TTF and have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fake pottery! I remember your pillows from a few weeks ago that were so neat! You could be the best faker around! ;)

    Hope you will please drop by and enter my $50 Overstock.com Gift Card Giveaway!! If there are 500 entries, the amount will increase the Gift Card to $100.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, can you still bake in these after the redo ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't- the paint is simple craft paint, so it would likely crack. Cheers!

      Delete

Compliments and Frugal Tips Only, Please!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...